2012/12/06 22:28
先日ご報告しましたマイケルモンローバンド(ex:ハノイロックス・ニューヨークドールズ)のSamiからメッセージの日本語訳してみました!

Mark and I go back some 20 years, I've been a fan of his since the first time I worked with him and a very happy man to count him as one of my closest friends.
Markと俺は20年のつきあい。最初に仕事をした時から奴のファンになった。とてもイイやつで俺の親友の一人だ。

This books photographs dates back to the time before digital cameras took over the universe.
この写真集にある写真はデジタルカメラが主流になる以前のもの。

When you actually needed knowledge about lighting, exposure, lenses etc...when true cameraman ship was a skill that only a few possessed.
ライティング、露出、レンズなどの知識が本当に必要だった時代に、それほど多くの人が持ち備えているとは思えない、真のカメラマンシップの技量を持ち合わせていた。

This books pictures/subjects/vibes are presented with a sense of humor that fits each individual.
この写真集にある写真、テーマ、感覚はそれぞれの人物に合ったユーモアなセンスと共に出来上がっているね。

I remember building the ramp to cover my body for my shot, I guess its some sort of a Mythical Bass Bird.
俺は彼が作った傾斜のついたプラットフォームの上で身体を布でカバーされて撮られたのを覚えている。まるで架空のベースの鳥みたいだったな。

Laying there, under the baking lights in Marks photo studio on West 27th street in NYC and having a great,fun memorable afternoon
ニューヨーク、ウエスト27丁目のMarkのスタジオで焼け付くようなライトの下に横たわり撮影をしたのはとても楽しかった午後の思い出だ。

Listening to his fascinating tales about photo-shoots with Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Joe Strummer, Screaming Jay Hawkins etc...and having a glass or two of wine to chill and relax.
彼のフランクシナトラ、エラ・フィッツジェラルド、ジョー・ストラマー、スクリーミング・ジェイ・ホーキンスなどの撮影話しを聞きながらワインを一杯、二杯と飲みつつ楽しく過ごした。

Very, very happy to see this book finally seeing the light of day!
写真集が遂に世に出ることになって、本当に本当にハッピーに思うよ。

Mark Higashino is a master blaster, papa-jamma of lenses and light and one of the kindest, truest human beings I've ever encountered.
Mark Higashinoはレンズやライティングの最高のPapa-Jammaマスター。そして今まで出会った中で最も親切で正直な人間だ。

All the best with the book mi amigo
我が友よ!写真集おめでとう!

Sami Yaffa