2012/12/04 21:16
元ハノイ・ロックスメンバーのSami Yaffaからも
今回の写真集プロジェクトにメッセージいただきました。
ワクワクする〜

Mark and I go back some 20 years, I've been a fan of his since the first time I worked with him and a very happy man to count him as one of my closest friends.

This books photographs dates back to the time before digital cameras took over the universe.

When you actually needed knowledge about lighting, exposure, lenses etc...when true cameraman ship was a skill that only a few possessed.
This books pictures/subjects/vibes are presented with a sense of humor that fits each individual.
I remember building the ramp to cover my body for my shot, I guess its some sort of a Mythical Bass Bird.
Laying there, under the baking lights in Marks photo studio on West 27th street in NYC and having a great,fun memorable afternoon. Listening to his fascinating tales about photo-shoots with Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Joe Strummer, Screaming Jay Hawkins etc...and having a glass or two of wine to chill and relax.
Very, very happy to see this book finally seeing the light of day!

Mark Higashino is a master blaster, papa-jamma of lenses and light and one of the kindest, truest human beings I've ever encountered.

All the best with the book mi amigo

Sami Yaffa